- What is the plural of wife?
- What are horses feet called?
- What is a hoof on a horse?
- What is the plural of hoof Oxford dictionary?
- What does hoove mean?
- What is the plural for half?
- What is the plural of wolf?
- What is the plural of piano?
- Is a hoof a foot?
- What is the correct plural of hoof?
- How do you spell horse hooves?
- What is the plural of baby?
What is the plural of wife?
The generally accepted plural of wife is wives..
What are horses feet called?
Heel:The middle part of the hoof is called the heel on a horse. Hock: The joint on the hind leg of a horse that acts like a human ankle. Hoof: The foot of the horse or the part of the foot that touches the ground. Knee: On the front legs of a horse, the part that does the same thing as a knee on a human.
What is a hoof on a horse?
College of Veterinary Medicine. A horse’s hoof is composed of the wall, sole and frog. The wall is simply that part of the hoof that is visible when the horse is standing. It covers the front and sides of the third phalanx, or coffin bone. The wall is made up of the toe (front), quarters (sides) and heel.
What is the plural of hoof Oxford dictionary?
(plural hoofs, hooves.
What does hoove mean?
Noun. (uncountable) A disease in cattle consisting of inflammation of the stomach by gas, usually caused by eating too much green food.
What is the plural for half?
ExamplesSingularPluralleafleavesmousemicegoosegeesehalfhalves26 more rows
What is the plural of wolf?
noun, plural wolves [woolvz].
What is the plural of piano?
“Piano” is a music-related term ending in a consonant and “o.” Add “s” to form the plural.
Is a hoof a foot?
Hooves are hard coverings that protect the toes of many animals. Hooves are not feet. They are more like toenails. Hooves allow animals to walk for long distances on hard surfaces without damaging their toes.
What is the correct plural of hoof?
More exactly, both “hooves” and “hoofs” are correct and have the same meaning and use: the plural of “hoof”.
How do you spell horse hooves?
Hoofs and hooves are variants of a plural noun that refers to part of the feet of some mammals.Both spellings are legitimate.Today, hooves is the predominant form.
What is the plural of baby?
4) In the example of baby’s and babies’, the apostrophe is added before the s to indicate a singular possession (e.g. the baby’s changing room). It is added after the s when referring to the plural, babies (e.g. the babies’ changing room). TWO TO.