- What is plural for Leaf?
- What is the plural of zucchini?
- How do you explain a plural?
- What is the plural of basis?
- What is the plural of tress?
- What is plural baby?
- What is book plural?
- What is the plural of person?
- What is the plural of Boy?
- What is the plural of squash?
- What is the plural of wife?
- What is the difference between Leaf and leave?
- Is zucchini a word?
- What is the plural of crisis?
- What is the plural of donkey?
- What is the plural of spoonful?
- What is the plural of syllabus?
- What does zucchini mean in English?
What is plural for Leaf?
noun, plural leaves [leevz].
leaves collectively; foliage..
What is the plural of zucchini?
noun. /zuˈkiːni/ /zuˈkiːni/ (plural zucchini, zucchinis)
How do you explain a plural?
Plural Noun Rules To make regular nouns plural, add ‑s to the end. … If the singular noun ends in ‑s, -ss, -sh, -ch, -x, or -z, add ‑es to the end to make it plural. … In some cases, singular nouns ending in -s or -z, require that you double the -s or -z prior to adding the -es for pluralization.More items…
What is the plural of basis?
plural bases\ ˈbā-ˌsēz \
What is the plural of tress?
tress (plural tresses) A braid, knot, or curl, of hair; a ringlet.
What is plural baby?
4) In the example of baby’s and babies’, the apostrophe is added before the s to indicate a singular possession (e.g. the baby’s changing room). It is added after the s when referring to the plural, babies (e.g. the babies’ changing room). TWO TO.
What is book plural?
In order to change a singular noun to its plural form in English, you usually add “s”. For example, the plural of book is books. The plural of table is tables. These are regular plurals.
What is the plural of person?
As a general rule, you’re absolutely right – person is used to refer to an individual, and the plural form is people.
What is the plural of Boy?
Well, the plural of “boy” is “boys”, and to make the possessive of a plural, we just put an apostrophe after the final “s”. So we would say, “the boys’ bicycles“. B-O-Y-S, apostrophe.
What is the plural of squash?
noun plural squashes or squash US and Canadian.
What is the plural of wife?
The generally accepted plural of wife is wives.
What is the difference between Leaf and leave?
When used as verbs, leaf means to produce leaves, whereas leave means to cause or allow (something) to remain as available. Leaf as a noun: The usually green and flat organ that represents the most prominent feature of most vegetative plants.
Is zucchini a word?
noun, plural zuc·chi·ni, zuc·chi·nis. a variety of summer squash that is shaped like a cucumber and that has a smooth, dark-green skin. the plant bearing this fruit.
What is the plural of crisis?
noun, plural crises [kreez]. … crisis.
What is the plural of donkey?
The plural of the word ‘donkey’ is ‘donkeys.
What is the plural of spoonful?
plural spoonfuls\ ˈspün-ˌfu̇lz \ also spoonsful\ ˈspünz-ˌfu̇l \
What is the plural of syllabus?
syl·la·bus | \ ˈsi-lə-bəs \ plural syllabi\ ˈsi-lə-ˌbī , -ˌbē \ or syllabuses.
What does zucchini mean in English?
courgetteThe zucchini (/zuːˈkiːni/) or courgette (/kʊərˈʒɛt/) (Cucurbita pepo) is a summer squash, of Mesoamerican origin, which can reach nearly 1 metre (40 inches) in length, but is usually harvested when still immature at about 15 to 25 cm (6 to 10 in). … In South Africa, zucchini is known as baby marrow.